A Slice of Fried Gold

They Call Me Double Down

Friday, April 9, 2010

If you're like me, you've probably been eating a sandwich before and wondered "why can't this bread be made out of more delicious meat?!" It's been something that has been troubling me since I was a wee child, and finally someone has listened and stepped up to the plate: KFC.

KFC recently introduced the Double Down, in which you get a tasty bacon sandwich that is mixed with melted Pepper and Monterey Jack and a zesty sauce. Sounds delicious right? But what could really push it over the edge? How about instead of buns you get FRIED CHICKEN. Mmmm...this is one situation where my heart says yes AND no at the same time (or is my heart saying uncle? Hard to tell).

Just in case you're health conscious (you know how people that replace bread with meat are like that sometimes), you can get grilled chicken instead of fried. That knocks the calorie intake down from 540 to 460 calories, or about as much as not having your Michelob Ultra for the night (way to go!). Not only that, but it's only $5, so you can get all of that deliciousness and health consciousness in one package for fairly cheap.

Personally, I'm hoping to eat enough of those to get to the point where people start calling me "Double Down" like they did to Trent/Vince Vaughn in Swingers. Except I won't have a cool story like him, I'll just have lovehandles and a far lower life expectancy than I had previously. At least I'll be easily recognizable with the constant sweating and heavy breathing and what not.

But seriously...fried chicken bun! Brilliant! I bet one of the CERN scientists came up with this gem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment