A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition (TGAASH2KX Edition)

Monday, June 21, 2010
I've gotten back to slacking at the good ol' blog, but I'm returning with another glorious entry in my "Weekend Edition" series in which I recap my life on the weekends. This weekend...was a particularly good one. I've discovered that I almost never have remotely bad ones, but this one? This one was a gem. Why is that?
  • Dinner at Bear Tooth with Gen and Eric (and eventually Colver and Joanne)
  • Buckaroo Club with Gen, Eric, Colver, Joanne, Amy, Olivia and JT - yeah!
  • Gathering the troops with Joanne
  • The meet up at Middle Way Cafe for The Great Alaska Awesome Scavenger Hunt 2010!
  • The Great Alaska Awesome Scavenger Hunt 2010! with Joanne, Steph and Gen
  • Father's Day BBQ at my parents
  • Toy Story 3 with my family - amazing!
  • Bike ride from my apartment to Point Woronzof - surprisingly exhausting
  • Catching Bravo's Work of Art with Amy


The highlight had to be The Great Alaska Awesome Scavenger Hunt 2010 (aka TGAASH2KX). The only reason I didn't mention this on my blog before was because of purely slackerness (a new word trademarked to me exclusively), but this was an event I had randomly came up with when wanting to sing karaoke as I drove along blaring music and singing along as per usual. Then, I proposed the idea to Joanne and we came up with a laundry list of activities for teams of 2 to do together. Thus...TGAASH2KX was born.

Eventually it expanded a bit, as our founding team became Joanne, Stephanie, Gen and myself. We ended up with four teams who had from noon until midnight to check as many things off on the list as humanly possible. This list included tiers of possible scoring activities, from things as simple as "take a picture with a police officer" to things as intense as "zipline from Flat Top to the Sheraton Hotel". Our team rocked the house and had an AMAZING day doing so. I couldn't possibly have had a better team, as we drove around singing along to glorious tunes, learning a lot about each other, and having the best day ever together. It was just..sublime.

Hopefully this ends up being the first of many of these events. We've already casually discussed what we'll do if we end up moving away from each other...getting back together for a new event yearly? Meeting at a new place? Who knows, but I do know that this event had to have been one of the best days ever.

I'll post videos of some of the more ridiculous events (getting naked in Chilkoot Charlie's Birdhouse and falling into Westchester Lagoon had to be the clubhouse leaders for "most ridiculous"), but trust me when I say it was one of the most ridiculous days ever.

1 comments:

Patty said...

Who won?

Post a Comment