A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition (Version Kim.0)

Monday, June 28, 2010
My dear friend Kim came into town over the past weekend, which led this weekend to be extra ridiculous and extra packed as well as extra long. I took Friday off to hang out with her, much to her (and my) delight. What went down?
  • Breakfast at Middle Way with Kim
  • Hiking Flat Top with Kim
  • Lunch at Dish and making it rain golf balls at the driving range with Kim and Colver
  • Crazy times in Anchorage bars with Kim, Lorna, Colver, Amy, Justin, Eric, and Chris (AND GALLAGHER!)
  • Being saddened by the US Soccer team losing to Ghana in the knockout rounds at Humpy's
  • Knight and Day with Joanne and Kim (awesomely entertaining!)
  • Going to play Bingo with Colver, Joanne and Kim (ridiculous, but entertaining)
  • Hanging out with Joanne, watching movies and eating home made ice cream sandwiches
  • Talkeetna adventure with Colver, Lorna and Kim!
Over the past few years, a number of people have moved out of my life, but perhaps none have been sadder departures than Kim. Her move to Portland left me with one less partner-in-crime, as I could always rely on Kim to do pretty much damn near everything I wanted to do so long as I gave her a little warning. I mean, this weekend kind of showed that: a hike, bingo, road trips, delicious meals, a movie, and more. It was a fantastic weekend, even if Anchorage didn't give her much more than Portland had recently in the weather department. It was fantastic having her back.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that Friday night while at the bars, we hung out with Gallagher. As in THE Gallagher, of comedy and smashing watermelons fame. It was surreal, as he was just hanging out at the bar meeting people in downtown Anchorage. How weird is that? Just another odd highlight of a top weekend filled with all kinds of ridiculousness. Just the way I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment