This is coming in late because it turns out Memorial Day Weekend is long, sun-filled, and crazy fun in Alaska circa 2010. It was a weekend that was filled to the brim with 80's dance films, POW camps, BBQ's, hiking, camping, and even a man named Dollface. What all went down this past weekend?
- Sleeping through the Celtics/Magic on Friday at Colver's (turns out it didn't with a bang)
- Intense foosball over at Colver's with Amy, Eric and Colver
- Kick-Ass! (very entertaining, but not a great movie)
- Camping adventure to Crescent Creek with Colver, Amy, Eric, Jason and Becca
- Random biking adventures on the Coastal Trail solo style
- Hiking towards Hidden Lake with Amy and Eric (as well as a bit of solo run around Wolverine)
- Impromptu bad movie night while eating BBQ at Cate and Darren's (Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Flashdance)
- Dinner party over at _ _ _ _ _'s place
- Other randomness throughout
Really though, it wasn't important, it was just a ton of fun. The greatness of Memorial Day Weekend is always multiplied by how sunny and warm it is out, and this weekend was sunny the whole time and warm as all get out. Memorial Day Weekend was a flawless victory of awesome. Amy's return upped the ante even more, leading to many outdoor ventures including a most triumphant camping trip to Crescent Creek and some outstanding hikes.
While this has led me to completely abandon my blog (my bad guys!), it's totally worth it as May was full of fantastic in every way, culminating in a ridiculously great Memorial Day Weekend. Here's hoping the rest of the summer matches up. One way or another, you'll be able to find out here, as The Weekend Edition is now back in action.