A Slice of Fried Gold

More than meets the eye

Monday, July 2, 2007

So this little independent film named Transformers comes out tomorrow. I recommend seeing it immediately. I saw it tonight and it was one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen, and that is not hyperbole. The entire audience ate it up like the succulent cinematic meal it was. To quote Patton Oswalt in the Balls of Fury trailer..."Mmmm....tastes good!" Oh it does Patton, it does. Of course, take this with a grain of salt as I am a ridiculously large Transformers fan (I have the entire first comic series, 3 copies of the cartoon movie on DVD, and a ridiculous amount of the toys still), but my Mom absolutely loved it and she is only a Transformers fan by osmosis.

See it. Now. The phrase "more than meets the eye" works perfectly for it, as it cleverly disguises itself as crap. It may be crap...but it is ridiculously entertaining crap.

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

you're a transformer.

Katie said...

oooh I'm excited, and you probably know that I don't even like going to movie theaters. I miss you David!

Katie said...

I don't know if I can just leave you a general message somehow, but I'll settle for commenting on your last blog again. I loved the movie by the way, we looked all over Beaverton for the original to no avail, so we settled for watching G.I. Jane. I fell asleep from too much rum and pineapple juice. Anyway, the book series is by Diana Gabaldon; its about time travel, romance, and action packed battles! Sounds like your 4th of July was relaxing, glad you enjoyed yourself. :)

Post a Comment