A Slice of Fried Gold

The update of updates

Monday, July 16, 2007
I've become terribly disrespectful of my blog and its readers. I apologize folks, I need to stay on top of it better, but I've been oh so busy lately! No less, I will update you folks on a few things going around.

Me, Sean, Sam and Bob at our summer home in Sicily

I've been going out way too much lately. The combination of girls finding me interesting (yay!) and Sicily's magical $4 pitchers has made me absolutely love Fridays and Saturdays. I've been having an amazing time going out and being ridiculous pretty much constantly. I love it. I didn't get home til 6 am on Saturday and 7 am on Sunday! Out of control! But a good out of control, just having a lot of fun. I love summer in Alaska.

Sadly, I may have to retire the Hammer from my Frisbee Golf bag. It is decimating my shoulder and I can barely even play right now after playing roughly 1,000 holes this past weekend. It was more like 80+, but seriously, too much hammering. Although I did shoot even on Kincaid, which is an incredible effort if I do say so myself.

Also, I never updated this but on the 9th of this month I managed to go into court and get the wonderful Judge to overturn my seatbelt ticket very, very easily. It only makes sense because it was the right thing to do, but I was very happy no less. Take that stupid cop! That's what you get for pulling me over for a fictitious traffic violation.

Very lamely for the second time in my life my entire CD collection was stolen. This time it was in front of my place, and it was stolen along with $675 in gas cards and a Blackberry (Pearl) 8100. Very angry! Those were prizes for good employees at my work, and some terrible person had to come and rob me of them. They were in my car, which was unlocked (I know I'm an idiot) but still, since when did we get to the point where the person who gets robbed is supposed to feel dumb instead of the thief who should feel like an absolutely horrendous person?! I mean come on. Crazy place we live in I swear.

I'm almost finished with Bill Simmons' book Now I Can Die in Peace, which is a collection of his Boston Red Sox pieces (and associated articles) over the entirety of his career as a sports columnist which perfectly encapsulates his journey as a destroyed Red Sox fan suddenly transitioning into a ridiculously happy man who is the fan of one of the most improbable and exciting champions of the past...history of the human race? I mean seriously, the Red Sox coming back from 3-0 was probably the most unbelievable comeback since Reggie Miller scoring 25 points in the 4th quarter of the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals to carry the Indiana Pacers over the New York Knicks. That was Herculean. This was Zeusean. No less, I'm nearly done and to anyone who has ever met someone and said "Why do they get so into sports?" Read this book. That's to you Katie, the person who once asked me during the 2003-2004 Indiana Pacers/Boston Celtics opening round series, "Why do you care so much?" This book will make you understand why some people live and breathe for a single sports team even if it makes absolutely no sense. Great stuff, although I may be just a little biased because Simmons may be my favorite writer ever.

Lastly, this Friday/Saturday will be the best combo ever. Portugal. The Man doing a home state CD release show at Club Oasis starting at 9 pm...I'm going to watch them dressed as my boy Harry Potter and then immediately going to the midnight release party for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and it will be as glorious as any night ever. I guarantee you there will be a post from both events. I can hardly wait. I'm so excited, I can barely handle it! Anyways, that's what is going on in my neck of the woods. And Sheri, I do want a shirt. Hook me up! It better be ready by when I come down from the 1st to the 9th. And I am...here I come Seattle/Portland, this guy is visiting from the 1st to the 9th of September! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment