A Slice of Fried Gold

Rockin' some socks

Sunday, July 8, 2007
Left to Right: Bob, me, Matt, Nick (on Matt and Sam's shoulders), Sean (low down), and alterna-David

Friday night and Saturday night were an absolute blast. Hung out with a ton of awesome friends, met some cool new people, did some serious dancing, drank some fantastic beer at bargain rates...gotta love it. Note to any Alaskan...Sicily's, the pizza buffet place on Dimond that has a bad rap for making bad food, sells pitchers of all their beer for $4. Alaskan Amber...Alaskan IPA...$4. Awesome. The group of Sean, Colver, Matt, Nick, Bob, and myself all started the evening last night there and it was a stellar beginning to the night, and I believe will be the lead off point almost always from now on due to the aforementioned glorious pricing structures they have. Also, downtown Anchorage bars are fantastic. I love roaming bar to bar and the primary lineup of Humpy's, Pioneer Bar, and Platinum Jaxx with the fall backs of Sub Zero, McGinley's, and Bernie's. Great times can be had at each and every one of them, but I've been loving Platinum's lately. It's a great place to dance, meet girls, and have a great time with friends...plus the deck/porch area is a wonderful change of pace after sweltering on the dance floor for long periods of time.

Sam, me, Sean, and Jo Jo Jee Jo Jo

Also, here's to old friends coming back. It's been awesome having Matt here for the last while, and now we have Joanne up here for a week or so and it was really fun hanging out with her like the olden times. The funny thing is how seamless it was to hang out with her and the new group of people vs. the old group, as she said it felt mostly the same as it used to and we were "just like high school, except now alcohol was involved." I think that was a compliment? Maybe it's something about us Alaskans, we're all so similar that we are apparently interchangeable. No less, what an awesome weekend and it is the last one Matt is here for so I'm very glad we got to leave him on a high note. I won't go into details like usual on the nights out, mainly due to tiredness and I feel as if those posts are somewhat boring, but don't let that portray it as anything else. It was an awesome night and I'm having an absolute blast up here. I love Alaskan summers. They're really one of a kind.

1 comments:

Matt Dimassi said...

This summer was kickass! Glad I could spend some time hanging out with old high school buddies. I'm gonna miss Anchorage and you easy going bastards as usual. Hopefully I end up there after school.

Post a Comment