A Slice of Fried Gold

Be Kind Rewind

Thursday, August 9, 2007
Oh wow. Three posts in one day, two of which will be mostly useless to you the reader. Yay me!

I just wanted to post this, because I've been excited about this since it's announcement because I thought conceptually it was genius, and then when they signed the cast I figured it would be even better. Now that I've seen the trailer, I have to say, Michel Gondry's (of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fame) Be Kind Rewind looks to be brilliant. It stars Jack Black and Mos Def as two video store employees who inadvertently destroy all of their tapes, and instead of buying new ones to replace them, they refilm all of the movies themselves and inspire a phenomenon in their city over what they did.

Part of what makes the movie so exciting is the wide variety of movies that they reshoot, which I guarantee will be entertaining. In the trailer alone, it shows their versions of Ghostbusters, Robocop, Boyz in the Hood, Rush Hour 2, Driving Miss Daisy, and even 2001: A Space Oddysey, and all look hilarious. Not to mention that it looks heartwarming, which I will go ahead and admit, is a huge, huge plus for me. I'm a sucker for cheese, and this looks like it could bring it gouda. See what I did there? No less, enough rambling by me, watch the trailer here, and let me know what you think. Some will not like it I'm sure, but I love movies like this. It speaks to me as a mega dork, and I in turn share it with you.

1 comments:

Katie said...

why did you call me at 4:30am this morning?! Crazy man!

Post a Comment