A Slice of Fried Gold

A Quick One While He's Away

Monday, December 31, 2007
I'm going to work on my best of 2007 blog posts today (or tomorrow if I'm lazy and have to work on my New Years party costume), but I wanted to put down some fun things that have happened recently. Well, specifically, I wanted to get to sports related things that absolutely rock my socks.

The New England Patriots

Saturday evening, in front of a record regular season audience of 34.5 million people (!!!), my boys the New England Patriots came from behind to finish the season 16-0 against the New York Giants. In such a monumental season, they not only became the first team to do that, but QB Tom Brady set the record for most TD passes in a season (50) and receiver Randy Moss set the record for most TD receptions in a season (23), and the team as a whole set the records for most points (589) in a season and most TD's (75). Not bad for a season of work if I do say so myself.

Shockingly, I allowed Colver, Lacey, and Amy to come over and watch the game even though generally I am a bit of a nervous wreck during games. But I did OK, even though I did manage to convince them to wear jerseys for me when the Pats were down 12 in the third quarter.

Amy, myself, and Lacey after the victory

It was extremely exciting for me, and I only had one outburst where I got up and ran around cheering, which is pretty good for me. Of course it was on the megabomb from Brady to Moss. Anyways, congrats to the Pats doing something no one has ever done. Now we're just three games away from 19-0 and Super Bowl Championship #4.

And yes, I have worn the same t-shirt every Patriots game this season. In case you were wondering.

Bling Bling!

Coincidentally enough, due to the fact I am a huge New England Patriots fan, I chose them every game this season to win. When doing a Pigskin Pick'Em League for money, that is what we'd like to call a "good thing." That means I had at least 16 correct guesses, which in this incredibly close season, it meant all the world of difference.

I ended up winning my pick'em league by a measly ONE correct guess, with the Indy/Tennessee game being the tiebreaker last night. I'd like to personally thank Mike Nugent (kicker for the Jets) and Kerry Collins (backup QB for Tennessee) for making this all possible. By winning this, I win somewhere around $900 to $1,000. Booyah!

Additionally, I got 2nd place in my points league and first place in my CBS league with Erik and Sobo, meaning Papa's getting a brand new bag! I think second place nets me $360 and the CBS one pulls in $200 between Erik, Sobo, and I, so that means I have the potential to make nearly $1,500 from Fantasy Football this year.

Can I get a hell yes?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't advertise it, the tax man is EVERYWHERE!

Post a Comment