A Slice of Fried Gold

w00t!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
w00t has been named the word of the year by the Merriam-Webster dictionary folk. w00t of course is a term used frequently by gamers to exclaim happiness, or being generally stoked at the time. I find the whole thing a bit strange, as that term is slightly old hat to me at this point. It's so old school, I don't even use it any more whatsoever. As Colver said, "I used that in '98/'99 while playing Team Fortress...does that make me old or really hip?"

It makes us so hip that we are post-hip. Which according my math, Colver and I right now will be cool finally in 2016, however by that point we will be different and once again...post-hip. I think it is just in our destiny to be harbingers of cool, or if you look at it from a different angle, perpetually misunderstood. For all you hipster folks out there looking for what will be hip and in when 2016 hits, come hang out with Colver and I. We'll make it happen for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment