- Getting back on track at the gym with Joanne
- Making a tasty dinner with Amy and Joanne
- Buckaroo Club for darts and shuffleboard with Amy and Joanne (and some new friends!)
- Early breakfast at Middle Way Cafe with Sheri
- Harry Potter again with my mom (worked better the second time)
- Working a GCI event - fun!
- Moose's Tooth before Citizen Cope with a number of fun folks
- Great night out at the Pio and the Avenue with Amy and assorted others (note to self: am no longer allowed to go to Middle Way or Snow City)
- Lazy Sunday with Amy, chilling and watching the OC
Strangely though, the highlight for the weekend was Amy and I jumping back on the OC bandwagon and mowing through half of season 4 on Sunday. We were both fans of the first and second seasons of the show, but the third one completely sucked so we both bailed. After a long delay in watching the fourth season, Amy and I finally started it up and I am only slightly ashamed to say it is pretty brilliant.
It's like Josh Schwartz spent the season between season 3 and season 4 figuring out everything that didn't work about the show and what did work, and then set out to make the good happen again. By removing perpetual downer Marissa and replacing her with the strange and enigmatic Kaitlyn (her younger and less lame sister) and the perpetually chipper and remarkably charming Taylor Townsend, the show reversed almost entirely and came back as something that is hip, fun and emotionally truthful again.
It's too bad it took one entire abomination of a season that must have crippled the shows ratings to figure that out, but at least we're left with this stellar season. Who knows though...there are 8 episodes left. The rest of it could be terrible. Zombie Marissa could enter the show, furious at Ryan and Taylor and thirsting for revenge (and brains!). Actually, on second thought, I kind of hope that happens.