A Slice of Fried Gold

Coen's in Alaska?!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
The Brothers Coen

According to the Anchorage Daily News and this article, it appears that the Coen Brothers (Joel and Ethan) may be directing and adapting Michael Chabon's the Yiddish Policeman's Union.

Now, this isn't exciting because I've read the book (although I did go hear Chabon speak about it here in Anchorage - see here for that blog), but because Yiddish takes place in Sitka, Alaska. Now this isn't a sure shot at all, but knowing the Coen Brothers who are all about authenticity and classy filmmaking (not that putting people in wood chippers and dream sequences featuring Sadaam Hussein, a dancing Jeff Bridges, and Julianne Moore in a viking costume is really classy per se), they very well could come up to film in Alaska.

This is nowhere near confirmed, but how cool would that be? I'd love to have such incredible filmmakers come up here to make a movie, and they always pull in great casts. Now, how would this affect me considering I'm in Anchorage, and Sitka is less accessible to where I sit currently than say...Las Vegas?
GCI, the company I work for, has a retail store in Sitka.

I just get this crazy feeling I may volunteer to visit right around the time of filming. Let's call it my sixth sense perhaps. I mean, Sitka is so nice during the (insert season here) and they really do want me to visit. Plus, I've never been!

I really hope this happens, because I think that would be ridiculously great, as you may have been able to tell from the "rambling meter" going off the charts on this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment