A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day weekend always tends to lead towards a grand adventure of some sort. Last year we went with halibut fishing in Nikikski, this year it was a motorhoming adventure to Seward with hiking to glaciers, crazy dogs, and lots of rain. But more than anything else, it was an awesome time. What else went down?

  • Having my best round of disc golf this summer at Westchester
  • Year One with Joanne (mediocre, overly long with some random big laughs - go see the Hangover instead
  • A long, delicious time spent at Bear Tooth with Joanne, Colver, Lorna, Megan and Travis
  • Motorhoming to Seward!
  • Hiking in and around Exit Glacier
  • Seward dive bars and coffee shops with my dad
  • Camping at Miller's Landing with family
  • Tons of frisbee action, with some crazy dogs involved
  • Campfire, beer and laughs - Formula for a great time
  • Reading pretty much the entirety of the New X-Men Omnibus by Grant Morrison (just ridiculously awesome)
  • Chilling at Kaladi's
  • Getting all caught up on the Office (end of the worst season yet, but still decent)
Not a whole left for this post, but I did want to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day! We had a great weekend with the family, and I really want him to know how much I appreciate everything he does for me. I'm pretty sure he knows that, but hey, now it's in writing! Can't hide it now!

Happy Father's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment