A Slice of Fried Gold

Slices of Fried Gold: The Decade Ending Edition

Friday, August 21, 2009

This is the last year of the decade. Obviously. Ultimately that does not mean a whole lot to anyone as it's just another new year that just happens to belong to a new decade. However, to the pop culuture and zeitgeist obsessed bands of people who make up the blogosphere, it's a huge time. Now that indie music stalwarts Pitchfork have announced their list of the best 500 tracks of the decade (topped by the irrefutably awesome trio of Outkast's "B.O.B." (my very first illegal download!), LCD Soundsystem's "All My Friends", and M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes") and Bill Simmons has started his EssGee Awards, anyone and everyone who is obsessed with music, movies, TV, books and all the rest is frantically coming up with what they're going to do themselves to celebrate the culmination of a pretty fantastic decade.

Of course, this is my announcement that between October and November I will be releasing my favorite albums, songs, comics, TV shows, and movies of the decade, hopefully developing a pretty comprehensive list that highlights who I am as a pop culture junkie. It should be pretty interesting and a fairly difficult list to compile (turns out that there were a lot of releases in this decade), but I will do it no less.

Look for Slices of Fried Gold: The Decades Ending lists coming very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment