A Slice of Fried Gold

Yes Month

Monday, August 31, 2009

I hope this leads me to Harry Potter parties AND dating Zooey Deschanel


Yes Man was Jim Carrey's last movie and it was not a particularly good one. It was cute but ultimately kind of ridiculous and definitely forgettable. Well, for most. For some reason, in my given mindset the concept of saying yes to everything seems attractive. Lately, I've found myself making excuses for almost everything and turning down things that would likely be fun. I think it's led me to being pretty stagnant and routine, which has gotten really freaking tiresome.

No more!

I am now starting what I will call Yes Month, in which for the entirety of September I will say yes to every opportunity (offered to me) so long as it isn't a) illegal or b) directly involving me losing my job (unless it's my own choice) or c) if a person is asking me to buy something for them (unless I want to). I'll track my successes (or extreme lack thereof) on my blog this month, so I'll make sure that you get all of the dirty details. It's a pretty drastic response to a minor life problem, but I really feel like it's a good idea for me. I need change and I feel like I'm young and I'm passing up too many opportunities. It's time!

Now let's just hope it wraps up with me dating Zooey Deschanel. I really don't feel like that is so much to ask for. If not her, then some other cute and dorky band frontwoman. Come on now universe, throw me a freaking bone here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment