A Slice of Fried Gold

Go me! Go me! It's my birthday!

Thursday, January 17, 2008
So today, January 17th of 2008, I turn 24 years old. Very odd, that feels very old to me, but no less, it is true. So far, for the fourth year running or so, my old girlfriend and all together cool gal Kim Kryger clocked in as the first person to wish me a Happy Birthday. Congrats to Kim to beating everyone to the punch once again!

Also, thanks to Amy for being the first person to give me presents, buying me a delicious White Chocolate Mocha and Almond Poppyseed Muffin for breakfast AND hooking me up with the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and a Dave Eggers book whose title escapes me. Not to mention the fact she actually brought a candle to put in my muffin (which was a trick candle that would literally not go out...Kaladi Brothers by Title Wave may have burnt down by now) and serenaded me with the world's quickest rendition of Happy Birthday. Needless to say, Amy is the early frontrunner for MVBW (Most Valuable Birthday Wisher for the uninitiated).

Regardless, I had to make a bday post because I feel as if it will be a wonderful way to score comments, so comment to stroke my ego as a birthday present. Yay ego stroking! I kid (sort of).

Also, if you are feeling extravagant, I also accept tickets to the Super Bowl as a present (assuming of course that it is the Pats vs. Packers...or Pats vs. Giants for that matter...my boys the Patriots will be in it one way or another...knock on wood) or tickets to the below event. How cool is the below event for me? It's a celebration for the release of the last issue of one of my all time favorite comics, Y the Last Man, and it features special guest Joss Whedon and the magnificent creative team from Y the Last Man, Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra. There will be Q and A, there will be punch, and there will be all kinds of awesomeness I'm sure. If you feel the need to express how you feel about me financially, I fully encourage tickets to either of those events as the way to go. But that's just me.


2 comments:

Raechelle said...

Hey...I remembered your birthday all the way down here in the lower 48 WITHOUT the use of myspace and/or facebook. I think that's pretty impressive. And FYI...you can get superbowl tickets for $225,000 which includes a 20 person fully catered suite. So when i get a 100,000% raise, i'll be sure to get those tickets to you ASAP. Cheers and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday David -
Love you!!

Post a Comment