A Slice of Fried Gold

Daylight Savings is a crime

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I love it when I walk outside for the first time in the winter, and you can see that hint of light as you are walking out to your car and driving to work. Most people in America don't have to experience this sensation, as it's a purely Alaskan thing. It's dark every morning going to work, and then one day it's like the sky is finally glowing instead of being pure black. Slowly but surely it gets brighter and brighter until one day it's bright and shiny out, signaling we're well on our way to spring and then summer.

That first day when the glow comes around for the first time has to be one of my favorite days of the year.

However, today we skipped forward an hour so when we get up, it's going to be like day in the morning, which is good in the way of it being crazy bright out when I go to work, but bad in the fact that it robbed me of an hour. At this point, does daylight savings time really do anything besides rob us of a precious hour of time? I don't feel as if it does, and I want it back!

Stupid daylight savings. Why can't this happen during the week when I'm at work, and it's 3 PM and all of a sudden it's 4 PM, and I'm like "well guys, gotta go!" That's the dream I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment