A Slice of Fried Gold

Mama, I'm Swollen

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cursive's new album Mama, I'm Swollen


Just yesterday, I was driving around listening to Cursive and thinking about blogging about whether or not Cursive's Tim Kasher is the most underrated musician around today. Between Cursive's Burst and Bloom, Domestica, the Ugly Organ, and Happy Hollow and his material under the moniker the Good Life, the guy is at the very least prolific with 6 albums in the last decade. All of it is high quality as well, plus the guy is a fantastic live.

Then today, while looking for what album I wanted to write about tomorrow, I came across this post on Largehearted Boy that shared a special deal Cursive and Saddle Creek Records are doing up until the physical release of Cursive's new album Mama, I'm Swollen. Starting today you can download the album for $1, with the price going up $1 each day until it is released.

That is a screaming deal. If you're looking for melodic indie rock that is occasionally aggressive and occasionally folky, while always being very well written musically and lyrically, I highly recommend checking this out. I've only heard two songs so far, but both were excellent. Look for a full review tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment