A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yay! More relaxation! For the last few weekends, I've just been chilling in anticipation of my big Europe trip. I'm convinced that I need to rest up and condition myself to make sure I don't get sick while over there, plus I've been doing all kinds of planning. This weekend was excellent for said planning, amongst other things. What went down?

  • I watched the Watchmen with Colver, Brian, and Morgan
  • Dinner at Mixx with Amy
  • To the Buckaroo for some darts
  • This week's Bstar (2 more episodes...three more hours...ahhh!!)
  • Lunch with my sister at Middle Way
  • Dinner with Hannah, Colver, and Lorna at Bear Tooth
  • Tons of Battlestar with Hannah
  • Finished another book and started Ender's Game
  • Did TONS of planning for my trip
While it may not have been the fun highlight of the weekend, the best thing that came from this weekend was finalizing my plans in terms of in Europe travels and sorting out where I'm going to stay while in England - with good friend Sobo's parents! They have a five bedroom home 45 minutes outside of London, and apparently it's only 7 miles from Windsor Castle and really close to all kinds of really cool places.

In short, it sounds like it's the perfect place for me to stay.

I have to admit, to a certain degree, I was a little freaked out by my first Europe trip. It was starting to look a little daunting, but it's all coming together so well, and it's now bookended by spending time with people I know really well (meeting up with Hannah and Kim in Italy) so that will make the rest of it seem like nothing. Well, nothing besides the best time ever. Now the only thing that blows my mind about the trip is that it took me 25 years to do it. What the hell!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Utopia, Texas!!

Post a Comment