A Slice of Fried Gold

New M.I.A. Album Coming This Summer

Monday, January 11, 2010

Some time last year I reported that M.I.A., the Queen of impromptu stage concert dance parties (see: Sasquatch 2008), had retired. Which was sad.

Now she said she's not only unretired, but is releasing a new album this summer, much to my excitement. Not only that but Diplo said in the past that this album sounds "like Gucci Mane meets Animal Collective." How could that not be awesome?

It will also be quite eclectic, even for the the ever surprising M.I.A. Apparently she has a track on the album titled "I'm Down Like Your Internet Connection" in which she samples the voices of Verizon employees. Really.

No final date, but I can tell you I'm excited. Anything new from M.I.A. is a moment of celebration in my book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment