A Slice of Fried Gold

New Years Goals: 2009 Revisited

Saturday, January 2, 2010
Happy New Year all. 2009 was one of the best years of my life and I'm really hoping 2010 can match it pound for pound in awesomeness.

Before setting what you are looking to do in the upcoming year, it's a good idea to look back and see how you did in the previous year first. One of the easiest ways to not follow through on what you want to accomplish is to not share those things. Well, here they are, with the ones that were a success being bolded.

Resolution Number 1: Run a marathon.
Resolution Number 2: Stop going out to eat so much.
Resolution Number 3: Read 52 books or graphic novels.
Resolution Number 4: Get my blog up to 100 visits a day.
Resolution Number 5: Go to Europe.
Resolution Number 6: Get back to 190 and 200 pounds.
Resolution Number 7: Take a college course.
Resolution Number 8: Stop buying so many frivolous things.
Resolution Number 9: Learn something new that’s truly useful.
Resolution Number 10: Eat healthier and drink less.

Four out ten were accomplished - not bad but not that great either.

A couple notes about apparent failures:

- I will note that I'm not sure how much I read this year but I can assure you it was quite a bit.

- I did not get this blog up to 100+ visits per day, but I did hit that goal multiple times and my comic blog Multiversity Comics has hundreds of daily readers with a peak readership of over 1700 unique readers in a day

The rest I don't really have much of an excuse on, but they are things that I can easily carry over to 2010. Look for my goals for next year coming up soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment