A Slice of Fried Gold

New Years Goals: 2010 Is Upon Us

Saturday, January 2, 2010
2010 is here and with that comes a new set of goals to accomplish. My friend Kim insisted that "New Years Goals" makes more sense than "New Years Resolutions" because goals are something we try to attain, as opposed to resolutions which are pretty much just things we say and hope for the best on.

This year features only two repeats that will likely be there until I actually make them happen. Here's hoping it's this year.

Resolution Number 1: Run a marathon.
Resolution Number 2: Get back above 300 posts in a year on this blog (and buy domain space!).
Resolution Number 3: Read 52 books or graphic novels.
Resolution Number 4: Get A Slice of Fried Gold up to 100+ visits a day and Multiversity Comics up to 1000+ visits a day.
Resolution Number 5: Leave North America for at least two weeks.
Resolution Number 6: Get to around 190 pounds and maintain.
Resolution Number 7: Learn another language.
Resolution Number 8: Get better at staying in touch with friends that don't live here.
Resolution Number 9: Get a promotion or find a new job.
Resolution Number 10: Be more adventurous and less self destructive.

So there you have it. I'll be keeping my readers up to date on how I am doing on all of them throughout the year - in particular the 52 books/graphic novels one. I've tried this in consecutive years since I found out that my blogging idol Largehearted Boy was trying to read 52 books in 52 weeks.

Here's hoping for the best. As I've said to basically anyone who will listen, I'm on at least a 24 month hot streak as 2008 and 2009 were awesome. I need to keep that stretch up, and the best way I can do so is keep my eyes on the prize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment