A Slice of Fried Gold

Yo La Tengo!

Monday, March 22, 2010


For the past month and a half or so, my Multiversity Comics co-writer Brandon Burpee and I have been filming exercises in absurdity in which we drink beer and talk about comics. We call it 4 Color News & Brews, and it has been slowly but surely taking off as we've gotten more views this week than ever before. Yeah!

Not that this will necessarily help, but I emailed Yo La Tengo (a band I very much enjoy) to see if we could use their track "Periodically Double or Triple" as the theme to our podcast. Surprisingly, I received an email back within three days saying sure. This is a band who has been around as long as I've been alive and is playing the absurdly huge Coachella Music Festival this year - they're pretty big time. Hell, I even randomly came up with a dance with Joanne to this song at my dad's birthday party last year. That's how you know they're good. Maybe this will earn our podcast some new Yo La Tengo friendly viewers, or perhaps the band some new fans. Who knows?!

Thanks to Yo La Tengo for being so damn cool about it, and I'm hoping we get the track added to our intro this week. If you're lucky you might get to see me cut a rug in the podcast too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment