A Slice of Fried Gold

Quentin Tarantino's Best Movies of 2009

Monday, December 14, 2009


The Hollywood Reporter recently interviewed writer/director Quentin Tarantino and asked him what his favorite movies of 2009 have been. Given that it's Quentin Tarantino and just the fact that 2009 has been a pretty weird year for movies, it's a list filled with unexpected choices. But in a lot of ways it makes perfect sense. Weird year, weird guy...mostly mainstream list? I like it. Watch the video above, and check out his list below.

1. JJ Abrams’ Star Trek
2. Sam Raimi’s Drag Me To Hell
3. Judd Apatow’s Funny People
4. Jason Reitman’s Up in the Air
5. Prachya Pinkaew’s Chocolate
6. Jody Hill’s Observe and Report
7. Lee Daniels’ Precious
8. Lone Scherfig’s An Education

I can say, I personally loved Star Trek and An Education and that they will be definitely residing on my end of the year list. Observe and Report and Drag Me To Hell managed to entertain me and move into the unique class of "awesomely terrible" or "terribly awesome." The rest of the list I haven't seen yet, but I can tell you I'm excited to see them (in particular Reitman's Up in the Air, which looks like the frontrunner for Best Picture to me). Oscar screeners should be leaking on the net soon, so I should be catching up very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment