A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition

Sunday, September 14, 2008

My last weekend before heading off to another friend's wedding (Erik and Katie's down in Portland next Saturday - woo!) was a good one, although one that ended up being slightly different than I expected. What went down this weekend?


  • Burn After Reading with my mom after work Friday (bizarre, but entertaining - JK Simmons and Brad Pitt rule)
  • Dinner at Bear Tooth with Hannah (plus rolling over to Barnes and Noble for some shopping)
  • McCain/Palin rally at the new Denai'na Civic and Convention Center downtown with Hannah
  • Breakfast at Snow City with Hannah and Amy
  • Finally getting Madden '09 and realizing I'm terrible at video games anymore
  • Dinner at Marx Bros. with Amy and Hannah (good, but not worth the price - atmosphere kind of sucks)
  • Going out with Hannah, Amy, Colver, Lorna, and Kim (shuffleboard rules!)
  • Football Sunday at Colver's (go Patriots! Matt Cassel is the man!)
  • Getting hooked on Pixar all over again while watching The Pixar Story

So yeah, it was a pretty happening weekend. I went out really for the first time in a month and a half. I've went out, but hadn't partied hard in a while. I immediately realized why I wasn't doing that for a while (the concept of paying tons of money to feel sick the next day is a very, very bizarre one), but it was still a great time and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends. Plus, going to a classy joint like the Buckaroo Club and playing darts and shuffleboard was a lot of fun.


No less, I'm going to cut this short and go watch Toy Story before bed. Haven't watched it in years and this documentary totally has me in a Pixar mood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment