A Slice of Fried Gold

Disappearing act

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Roots


First off, there are two new posts below. Heads up!


Second off, I'll be incommunicado for slightly longer than the usual weekend. I have a big weekend planned that really starts on Thursday (well, kind of) due to a fun event happening. This week the UAA Concert Board (thanks all!) has brought up Philadelphia hip hop outfit the Roots to play a show at the Egan Center in Anchorage on Friday, and it should be a great show. Although hip hop shows aren't my favorite variety, I would be foolish to skip a potentially great show when I consistently complain about the absence of quality concerts in the area.


On top of that, tomorrow night the drummer from the Roots, ?uestlove (or Questlove), will be performing a live DJ set at the Anchor and it should be a marvelous time. Questlove is known for the DJ sets he throws down on occasion after shows or at big events, and for his incredible vinyl collection. As the Anchorage Press said, we should be in for something special because he has to be extra choosy when coming up to Alaska, because carrying all that up here can't be cheap.


I'll have plenty of pictures afterwards I'm sure, so prepare for an extra special, event laden weekend edition on Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment