A Slice of Fried Gold

Only in Alaska

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Earlier today, I was pulling up to my house while talking to Kim on the phone, and I looked over to the left and saw a wolf sniffing the sidewalk as if somewhere in the mix of ice and leaves there may be some sort of tasty treat.

"Oh my god. There's a wolf in front of my house."
"Are you sure it's a wolf? It's probably just a dog."
"I know what a dog looks like. This is a wolf."
"Huh, that's weird."
"It's Alaska, this is what happens in my neighborhood. I don't know if I should get out of my car. It looks hungry."
"Wolves are fast, I bet it can jump your fence."
"You're not exactly helping here."

I open my door and it turns to look at me.

"Oh god! It's looking at me!"
"Just go inside, you'll be fine."

Sure enough, I did go inside, and I was fine, but still, how many of you out there have the legitimate concern of wolves attacking you as you're walking inside with groceries? That's right. Not that many. Alaska is freaking weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment