A Slice of Fried Gold

News and notes...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This isn't very typical for my blog, but I just was hit with a flurry of little news bits that I found interesting and wanted to share, plus a couple of other ones I'd heard recently.
  • Edgar Wright's upcoming adaptation of brilliant comic book Scott Pilgrim is about to get a kickstart. Michael Cera is in negotiations to star as the titular hero. Good choice so long as Cera somehow bolsters his normal behavior with massive amounts of self confidence.
  • Matt Pond PA have changed their name to The Dark Leaves after 8 studio albums, because, according to Matt Pond, "it's time to give everyone else I work with their due." Makes sense, but took ya long enough!

  • According to Slashfilm, the Boondock Saints sequel has finally been greenlit and the whole cast (minus Willem Dafoe) will be reprising their roles. Speaking of took ya long enough...

  • The cast of Battlestar Galactica will be on David Letterman tomorrow night doing the top 10. What's the top 10 for? "Top 10 Reasons to Watch the New Season of Battlestar Galactica." For once I will be tuning into Letterman, or at least recording it. For those that don't watch the show - listen to those people.

  • Speaking of Bstar Glac, long awaited prequel Caprica was finally greenlit and will be rushed into production this spring. As of right now, it's going to be a TV movie, but may end up being spun into a series similar to what Battlestar itself did.

  • They are finally making a Bone movie. Like for real this time. Not like last time when they wanted to make it with singing and dancing, but for real real. I swear. Probably.

  • Death Cab for Cutie's first single off of Narrow Stairs, "I Will Possess Your Heart," was released today on Amazon's MP3 downloader. It's eight and a half minutes long, there is no singing for the first four and a half, and it pretty much rules. Can't wait to see them at Sasquatch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!
To almost all ....Boondocks, Letterman's top 10 (I will be watching), Caprica, Death Cab for Cutie, and Tyler will love the Bone info. The Dark Leaves? Hmmm, it may take a little getting used to. I still will love them.
Thanks for sharing!

Tyler (Y Machina) said...

I read the "Bone" thing a while ago and ment to talk to you about it. I'm pretty excited. More interested then anything. I want director details and such. Also.. I flooded your inbox!

Anonymous said...

Check out "The Ten-Cent Plague":
The Great Comic-Book Scare and How It Changed America by David Hajdu.
You might find its interesting.

Gilbert Short said...

I don't know how I feel about a Boondock Saints 2. The first one had the perfect ending in my mind.

Post a Comment