A Slice of Fried Gold

Whys and Wherefores

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Something happened this weekend that makes me really think about what I'm doing and where I'm going. I'm 24, I graduated a little less than a year and a half ago, and I've been working a great job for the past year plus in Anchorage, AK. But I have a lot I'd like to do, and I'd prefer to do it all as a young person, rather than waiting until further in my life when I have too many tethers to go out and accomplish my goals (wife, kids, long standing job).

Don't get me wrong, I love my life right now. I love my friends, love my family, have a great time, stay out of trouble and stay very healthy. I'm good at my job and I really like it. I have no complaints.

But those things that I want to do weigh heavily on my mind. In the immortal words of Jake Gyllenhaal from Bubble Boy, "don't live life with regret, ese." I don't want to look back and say "well, I really wish I did that. and that. and that, that, that." Not that I'd ever speak in such mangled english, but you know, you get the picture. We'll see where the next while takes me, but changes could be on the horizon.

Not that I didn't originally have these plans, they just feel like they got a lot more possible and that I definitely should make them come true, one way or another.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything will be okay, stay positive and thank the Boise Public Library for this.

Post a Comment