A Slice of Fried Gold

Oh my god! Alaska has another good concert?

Wednesday, March 26, 2008


In what clearly must be a freak mistake, Alaska is having a good concert this summer. Well, it isn't that freakish, as there have been a number of good concerts up here since I came back to the Great White North, having seen Matisyahu, Cake, Cursive, and Bright Eyes on four seperate (awesome) occasions. However, it just feels that way because they are so much more inconsistent than they are down in the states.

Regardless, Minnesotan rockers Motion City Soundtrack will be appearing, one night only at Chilkoot Charlie's in Anchorage much to Amy's happiness (not because she wants to see them, but because I promised to no longer write haiku's if she was wrong). I'm very stoked because I've been a big fan of these guys for years (my radio show in college was named Moscow City Soundtrack after all), their last album was a fantastic return to form (third favorite from last year!), and I saw them a few years ago at school, and they pretty much rocked. I think they will fit the Koots atmosphere very well, and it's going to be a total blast. Just got my ticket, and I can't wait for July already.

Motion City Soundtrack!
Cannot wait to see you live!
You rule! Signed, David.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear someone you like is coming to Alaska. Hello from Enterprise, Oregon.

Unknown said...

What day in July? Is it sometime when I'm up there for Sobo's wedding?

David Harper said...

You're killin' me! When are you up here? It's July 10th. Lemme know when you are here, I have very little info in terms of Sobo's wedding business. Or yours. You guys need to get on that.

Post a Comment