A Slice of Fried Gold

Beautiful

Friday, June 27, 2008

Genius.

Heart warming.

Life affirming.

The best movie of the year.

One of my favorite movies, ever.

All of the above are about Pixar's newest (and greatest) creation, Wall-E. It is far and away the best movie I've seen this year, and I really, really believe that this is the time Pixar is pulling in a nomination for best picture, if not outright winning it. I was nearly moved to tears no less than five times during this movie (yes, I am a huge girl), and not necessarily out of sadness but out of the raw emotion that this movie brought up inside of me.

As anyone who knows me can say, I am prone to hyperbole. I'm an overhyper and after I see/hear/touch/taste something that I like, I tend to make it seem like the best thing ever. This is one time where I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with me. If you do not appreciate this movie, you must have issues with life because this is about as good as it gets.

Oh yeah, and the short before hand is nothing short of hilarious, possibly being the best they've made yet (besides For the Birds, which is just awesome).

Congratulations to Pixar (and Andrew Stanton in specific) for putting together such a fine movie. It really is amazing how they keep raising the bar, time and time again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment