A Slice of Fried Gold

The Weekend Edition

Sunday, August 17, 2008

So I'm sick. Rather, I have been sick, I'm still moderately ill but I'm still forcing myself to do things. So this weekend was a bit calmer than usual, although still full with many superb highlights. What went down?

  • Suite 100 with my parents (delicious!)
  • The Mist in all its b movie glory
  • Rearranging my niece Emily's room and coffee with my sister
  • Frisbee golf (twice - once with Amy, Patrick, and friend, another time with Amy, Nick, and Colver)
  • Cross town bike ride in glorious weather
  • Melvin Mora turning into a modern day Babe Ruth
  • Jason's softball game with Amy, Hannah, and Annie
  • Moose's Tooth with Jason, Amy, Hannah, Annie, Nate, Michael, Eric, and Ben
  • Gymnastics with Amy
  • Turbo bar hopping with Amy
  • Colver and I participating in Suckout Central's Fantasy Football draft
  • Finally catching Vantage Point

So yeah, it was still a pretty busy weekend. The highlights definitely were the turbo bar hopping/gymnastics with Amy, both of which were incredibly entertaining, and Suckout Central's draft.


Suckout Central is a fantasy network (ish) started up by my friend Pat that yearly plays at least fantasy baseball and fantasy football with other sports mixed in from time to time. My first draft with them was last year's football league, in which I finished second, and Colver is in our baseball league so this was his second draft with the league. This was the biggest one I'd participated in as it was a fourteen team league, but overall I think I did well. Not only that, but I had a blast doing it. Live drafts are the only way to go in my opinion.


For those that are interested, my team (Bo Jackson All Stars) is below:


QB: Marc Bulger, Matt Leinart
RB: Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, LenDale White, Chris Johnson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Santonio Holmes, Vincent Jackson, Ted Ginn, Jr., Jabar Gaffney
TE: Alge Crumpler
K: Rob Bironas
D: Arizona Cardinals

Not too bad if you ask me, and it was a great capper to a very good weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did a 12 team CBS league. I really like my team:

QB: Hasselbeck/Vince Young
RB: Westbrook/Turner/Fargas/Morris
WR: Colston/Driver/Hoosierdaddy/Hackett/Stallworth

TE: Cooley
DST: Seahawks
K: Vinatieri

David Harper said...

Vince Young...Vince Young....

Ugsdngsjdgjdsbglkdjnglkjdg.

I cannot stand Vince Young. I'd rather draft Sage Rosenfels.

But overall, definitely a nice team especially with the Colston/TJ combo at WR and with Westbrook in at back.

If Turner pans out, that could be a great team.

FYI, Colver's lead RB combo is Ronnie Brown and Frank Gore. He was...not pleased.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like VY, but I needed a backup and I got him in the 14th round.

Post a Comment