A Slice of Fried Gold

Haiku Reviews - 9/25/09

Friday, September 25, 2009
Lately, I've been wanting to write more reviews, but due to the fact that there hasn't been anything lately that I've been desperately wanting to review, I couldn't reason to myself that I should write a full out review. Also, I've been looking for ways to work more haikus into my blogging.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, Paste Magazine started running Haiku reviews of albums on their Twitter feed and I was inspired! So starting today, for the albums that I have feelings towards but I do not necessarily want to write a lengthy and mentally arduous review for, I will start a new feature called Haiku Reviews. Hope you like it.


Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2

Best Wu Tang Album
Since Wu's Thirty Six Chambers.
Oops...not Wu Tang? Hot.

Verdict: A-


Brand New - Daisy

Artistic noise is
still just noise when you face facts.
Brand New feels tired.

Verdict: D


Islands - Vapours

Islands change again.
This time it's for the better.
Synth, horns, guitar, oh my!

Verdict: B+

1 comments:

Matthew Meylikhov said...

100% with you on Brand New

Post a Comment