A Slice of Fried Gold

Hank Williams...stop asking stupid questions

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm looking forward to Randy and Jabari recreating this picture


If Barack Obama wanted to do something to make me happy, he'd make the opening Thursday of the NFL season a national holiday. I mean, I really don't think that's asking too much. I know it's not a big deal for denizens of locations outside of Alaska, but we get pretty much screwed up here. Basically, if you work the classic 9 to 5 job, you're missing out on a full quarter of sweet, sweet opening day action between the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Complete shenanigans if you ask me. Let's get that national holiday in line so I don't have to miss a single snap.

Regardless I'm jazzed for the first game of the season. To me, there is football season and then there is summer time and then there are the other two seasons which I don't even want to think about right now. As long as I have those two things going, my cup runneth over with excitement.

My New England Patriots are looking fantastic, with new players like Derrick Burgess, Shawn Springs, Leigh Bodden, Fred Taylor, Greg Lewis, Julian Edelman, Ron Brace and others bolstering a roster that already includes superstars like the returning Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker and burgeoning defensive stalwarts like Brandon Meriweather and Jerod Mayo. Sure, we may have lost Richard Seymour (in a complete decimation of a trade with the Oakland Raiders - potential top 5 pick for an aging star? Yes please), Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi and Matt Cassell, but I still feel great about this season. I'm feeling Super Bowl great.

Let's hope the Pats are as well.

Welcome back football. I sure did miss you.

2 comments:

Troy Olson said...

I hate Thursday night games, because I always forget they are on until I get home. I love that right now fans of every team (except the Raiders) feel like they have a chance for a good season...it's why the NFL rules.

David Harper said...

Parity is bliss?

The Seahawks are looking good man. Their division is terrible and they actually look healthy, plus they had huge additions in Curry and Housh. Best of luck this season.

Post a Comment